Too busy for a full read? Here is the BEST Website Builder for Authors for 2020
Wix – The largest number of templates in the writing category with a full Amazon integration. Click here for 50% off all Wix plans.
Many author websites look boring, amateurish, or just outdated. Since you don’t want one of those, you need a website builder with professional templates and design flexibility.
But a good design is not enough. The right website builder will have other features that will make your site stand out, like a prominent author’s bio, an eye-catching spot for pull-out quotes and readers’ reviews, and a calendar for upcoming book signings. You may also want e-commerce features to sell your work directly from your site, or Amazon and Goodreads integrations.
I tested the major website builders on the market and found out which ones offer the best features for authors. I’ll share some time-saving tricks, pro tips, and helpful visual guides to make your website building experience as hassle-free as possible. Read on to find the right website builder for you, so you can get back to writing your next bestseller.
In a Hurry? These Are the Best Website Builders for Authors
- Wix – Has 10+ fully customizable templates in the Literary Arts category and a great Amazon integration
- SITE123 – Offers a quick and easy website building process so you won’t waste any precious writing time
- Squarespace – Offers polished templates and stand-out blogging features to present your writing in its best light.
- Jump down to see other recommended website builders
- Comparison table
What We Look For in the Best Website Builders for Authors
To narrow down the dozens of website builders out there, I focused on the features that matter most to authors:
- Well-designed templates: If your site is going to represent you, you need it to look good. I chose the builders that offer the most attractive designs. Some even have templates created specifically for authors.
- Personalization options: Templates are nice, but you want your author website to reflect your own personality. These builders allow you to customize your site’s design and make it your own (some offer more freedom than others).
- Ease of use: You don’t need any design experience to use these platforms, and you certainly don’t need to know how to code. Building your website will be quick and easy, so you can save your time for writing (or, if you’re like me, for procrastinating).
- Extra author features: These builders let you enhance your site with a blog, reader reviews, or even your own online shop to sell your books.
This is an extra resource to go along with the original article:
How to Create an Engaging Back Book Cover